Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video The future of DSLR video, part of Up and Running with DSLR Filmmaking.
- View Offline
Brian Liepe: The technology that these cameras use isn't going anywhere and the future is …probably just going to get better. …Chad Perkins: For example, there is a new Blackmagic Cinema Camera that people are talking about. …It's just like a DSLR, shoots 3K footage and it's raw. Just incredible! …Brian Liepe: Yeah, and then there is the new GoPro Black that shoots 4k, 15 frames per …second, but still that's a small camera that can shoot 4000 lines of resolution. …There is also the RED SCARLET which has same form factor as a DSLR, but is way more powerful; …different frame rates, different resolutions, different latitude and dynamic range.…
Chad Perkins: So as you could see, a lot of the information, probably most of the information …we covered in this training series is kind of future proof. It's not going anywhere. …These DSLRs and this idea, this revolution that so much power can be packed into little …tiny camera, this stuff isn't going anywhere any time soon. …
This course was created and produced by Chad Perkins. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Using lenses as a tool in storytelling
- Establishing focus for video
- Achieving a shallow depth of field
- Using equipment like clapperboards and matte boxes
- Editing and color correcting footage
- Using cinematography techniques to get beautiful shots
- Avoiding rolling shutter and moiré