Before you write a script, you need to nail down the story. Writing treatments to pitch to your client not only gives them options to choose from, but will narrow down what the client is looking for. In this movie, author Richard Harrington and producer Rachel Longman share their experiences to help you write treatments for your clients.
- After the kickoff call, it's time to actually…capture some ideas and get the client excited.…Now a lot of people rush into scripting,…but there's a step that comes first, right?…- Yes, the treatment process will save you…a lot of time with your client.…Because even though they voiced what they wanted…in your kickoff call, doesn't mean we actually…have it ironed out, what's going to happen.…So usually you want to pick about three short stories,…and start on a drawing board, is what I call it,…where you just come up with these ideas.…We usually have creative meetings internally, and we…come up with ideas to pitch over the fence to the client.…
- Lot of times I'll call this the red wine, white wine,…rosé effect, where you're just giving them…some very different choices.…Sometimes you're going to end up with a hybrid…of all of these, or they're going to take…parts of one and put it together.…Sometimes that works, and sometimes it's a mess,…and so you're going to have to guide them.…But ultimately, you need to get at least…
- Meeting the project and team
- Writing the script
- Casting actors
- Scouting for locations
- Creating schedules and budgets
- Shooting scenes
- Retiming footage
- Color grading
- Compressing for delivery
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
Video Journalism Shooting Techniqueswith Jeff Sengstack2h 4m Appropriate for all
Video Journalism Storytelling Techniqueswith Jeff Sengstack2h 4m Appropriate for all
Video Production Techniques: Location Audio Recordingwith Anthony Q. Artis1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. Meet the Project and Team
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.