Join James Ball for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with talent, part of Multi-Camera Video Production and Post.
- Directing multi-camera shoots can be quite challenging.…There's a lot of different things you need to juggle.…Ultimately, it comes down to…remembering a few key things.…The most important thing is that…you are the person who is in charge.…And you really have to be an inspirational leader.…With multi-camera shoots…you've got lots of different camera operators.…You've got talent.…You've got other crew people…and they look to the director.…It's very difficult because a lot of times…with multi-camera you can't actually be talking…on the set.…A lot of it is live tape style…or you're going to be recording things as they happen.…
Such at an event.…So, you really need to project a calm demeanor…and be definitely in control during the whole thing.…Now that manifests itself in a lot of different ways.…You have to have a sense of humor.…Know when to tell a joke to keep things light.…But also know how to pull things back into focus.…You've got to be aware of what all your crew is doing…and keep an eye on lots of different things.…
You'll learn essential preproduction strategies to get the right gear and place it in the right position. You'll also learn techniques for syncing the visuals and audio captured from each camera. Rich and James offer advice for directors running shoots in the field, as well as strategies for crew members who are building sets and logging footage. Finally, in chapters 7 and 8, they share techniques for multicamera postproduction with Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro. In these chapters, you'll learn how to create multicam clips, apply color correction, color match angles, switch between angles, and refine and master your edit. By the end of the course, you'll have a thorough start-to-finish understanding of the multicamera production process.
- Planning the multicamera production
- Evaluating the location
- Creating camera diagrams
- Selecting the right equipment
- Communicating with crew
- Lighting multicam productions
- Matching and syncing cameras
- Directing a multicamera shoot
- Editing multicamera video
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video for Photographers: 1 Filmmaking Essentialswith Eduardo Angel37m 53s Appropriate for all
Camera Movement for Video Productionswith Eduardo Angel46m 52s Appropriate for all
1. Planning the Production
2. The Production Approach
3. Preparing Cameras for a Multicamera Production
4. Running a Multicamera Production
5. Strategies from the Crew
6. Preparing for Post-Production
7. Multicamera Post-Production with Adobe Premiere Pro
8. Multicamera Post-Production with Final Cut Pro X
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.