Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with multiple sync streams, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I wanna show you a common issue…with stereo auto files and how to work around it.…For this tutorial we're gonna be using a clip…of auto recorded on one of my other short films,…"Empathy for the Devil" which was a mockumentary.…For that film we had two streams of audio.…One coming from clip-on lavalier microphones,…to emulate the feeling of a documentary…and also we had a boom mic recording auto,…as both a back up and a possible alternative in post,…in case lav-mics got cloth noise or got bumped…or whatever or in case the boom mic just sounded better.…
But when I off loaded the media from the sound mixer,…these two mono audio recordings,…were actually smooshed together…and combined into one single stereo audio file.…So, let's look at that here in Premiere.…Here's one example here.…As I click it to select,…you can see in the project panels,…I have this preview open here,…that it says it's a stereo audio file.…But if I were to drag this to the new sequence icons,…little new icon here, and drag that asset there,…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.