- In this brief tutorial…we are going to look at working with High Frame Rate Media.…Now, High Frame Rate Media if you remember…from the last course of cinematography…is basically when you are recording something…and you are filming with more frames per second…so a higher frame rate.…This allows you to then go back in post production…here in the edit and slow down the footage.…There's other ways you can slow down the footage…with other tools and techniques.…But nothing looks as good as actual slowed footage…from an overcranked camera.…
And overcrank is,…another name for shooting high frame rate media.…Now, I have this exercise project here.…"High frame rate media.prproj" but,…this is going to be a little bit different on your system…than it is on mine.…I included in my project here,…this file which you will not have.…This is several gigabytes in size.…It would take a long time to download…just for this one example.…You will only have this file,…which is the only one we're gonna be working with.…I just wanted to use this as an example.…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.