Adobe Illustrator is the industry standard for vector graphic creation. Vectors are mathematical equations and not made of pixels, which makes them easy to resize. How can Illustrator create vector graphics for video? In this movie, author Luisa Winters discusses the benefits of using Illustrator for video graphics creation.
- Illustrator is the industry standard for vector graphics.…No other program comes close…to how Illustrator handles vector graphics.…As you probably know,…vector graphics are not made of pixels.…They are mathematical equations that set a shape,…and a fill, and then the different programs…rasterize this file so that we can see it.…A raster file of course is a file that is made of pixels.…When we resize a vector file, we do not lose resolution…as the files are not made of pixels,…so we can have graphics that are really small…or really large, and they always look good.…
This is the main reason why most logos…are created and distributed in Illustrator file format,…which has an extension of .ai.…Of course, most video editors are not that familiar…with Illustrator, but don't let that stop you.…You have the power to pause the video…and to repeat any parts that you need to see or hear again.…Dive into Illustrator and discover for yourself…what the hype is all about.…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.