Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video When to render and replace your nest, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- Sometimes you really need to render…and replace your nest, for whatever reason.…Maybe you need to free up some space in your system,…or you need for your system to perform better,…or you need to send the project to someone else.…However, as we discussed before,…you can not render and replace a nest,…so what do you do?…Please open sequence 1-5 from the Project panel…and notice that we have here a nested sequence.…If you right-click this nest,…you will see that Render and Replace is greyed out.…
Now, what if you really need to do a render and replace…to this particular sequence?…Well, right-click it again,…and choose Reveal in Project.…Now, the sequence will be highlighted in the Project panel,…and you can bring it in.…Before you do that, make sure that this icon here…is set to bring in the nested sequence as individual clips…and not as a nested sequence.…For example, right now it's set correctly.…
If I were to click on it,…now any sequence that I want to bring in…into this sequence will come in as a nested sequence…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.