Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video When to nest and when to use the source: Editing nests into new sequences, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- In this movie, we will discuss when to nest…and when to use source clips.…For this, let's go ahead and open sequence 1-3 from your…Project panel, and in here, you will see a number of clips…in the timeline.…The first clip is a nested sequence.…Notice that we can make it shorter and then longer again.…Howevever, the initial length of nested sequences…will always be that of the clips inside of the nest,…so this sequence here represents a different sequence…that lives somewhere else,…and we can open it up simply by double clicking it.…
Let's go back to the original one.…So, because this is a sequence that is inside of another…sequence, you cannot nest a sequence within itself,…so, sequence 1 cannot be nested inside of sequence 1.…If you need to bring a sequence inside of itself, do so…as individual clips rather than a nested sequence.…Let's go ahead and try that.…Let's try nesting sequence 1-3 inside of sequence 1-3.…
You will notice that you cannot do that.…Notice that there is a hand symbol instead of my mouse…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.