Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video What is a lookup table (LUT)?, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- A LUT is an acronym that stands for Look Up Table.…In essence, a LUT is a series of values in a table format…that will let you change one set…of color values to the desired color values.…So a LUT is something that you just…plug in to get the desired result.…Because a LUT is a set series of numbers,…you must use the appropriate LUT…with the appropriate footage to get the desired result.…For example, you could be shooting with a specific…camera model and shooting in the early evening.…
There is a LUT that lets you adjust…those values to what you need.…Please open sequence 5-1 and look at…the one and only clip that we have in there.…This is a clip that was shot with a…Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Cam.…Of course, it was rendered and compressed…so that you could download it easily,…but no color grading was performed on this clip.…As you can clearly see, there are some issues…with the color in here, but nothing…we cannot adjust with the appropriate LUT.…
In the Lumetri Color Panel, under the Basic Correction,…there is a drop-down menu that you can click…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.