Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What are clip handles?, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- When it comes to creating transitions,…one of the key things you need are handles.…Handles are the parts of clips that overlap.…Now, for many of you who work with Premiere Pro…or really any NLE, you're used to this concept,…but we couldn't start to take a deep look at transitions…without understanding how handles behave.…So let's get that out of the way.…If we zoom in here on the timeline,…you'll note that this first clip…has no extra handles on the end.…These little tags that you see…at the left and right edge of the clip…indicate that the clip is at the end of the media.…
These little corner tags tell you…that there are no extra frames that can be accessed.…So, for example, if we try to add a transition here,…let's just take the Selection tool,…and we'll right-click and apply the default transitions.…You'll notice the transition ends where the shot ends.…That transition, by default, can't be moved…or repositioned to be centered…because there are no actual frames.…
The shot ends here.…Now if we go a little bit further,…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.