Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video What are adjustment layers and why should we use them?, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- An Adjustment Layer is a layer whose effects…affect very clip under it in the Timeline.…Often, we use Adjustment Layers to apply the same effect…to multiple clips.…You can use one effect or several effects…in the same Adjustment Layer.…And you can also use several different Adjustment Layers…applying different effects.…If you are familiar with Adjustment Layers in Photoshop…or After Effects, then you will see that the ones…in Premiere Pro behave very similarly.…Let's go ahead and open sequence 2-1 from the Project Panel.…
Once you have it open, let's go ahead and…create an Adjustment Layer.…You can create an Adjustment Layer simply by…selecting the Project Panel, and then going to…File, New, Adjustment Layer.…You can also create an Adjustment Layer by clicking…on the New Item icon, right here…at the bottom of the Project Panel.…And then choosing Adjustment Layer.…However you want to do it is fine.…Let's go ahead and click here.…And these video settings here for Width and Height,…Timebase, and Pixel Aspect Ratio are going to,…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.