Join Zack Arnold for an in-depth discussion in this video Welcome, part of Video Post Productivity Weekly.
- As post-production professionals, we obsess over optimal workflows, minimizing render times and maximizing outputs. It's not uncommon to own five different apps and tools to analyze your drive speeds, upload times, and render efficiency. Our entire lives are about tweaking every little detail imaginable so we can minimize busy work and maximize our time to be creative. But despite having some of the best technology at our fingertips, we often fail to recognize that it's actually the fundamental habits and systems that we build into our daily lives that ultimately determine our true level of productivity.
Hi, my name is Zack Arnold. I'm a film and television editor as well the creator of the Optimize Yourself Program which is formerly known as Fitness In Post. And once a week over the course of the next year, I'm going to teach you everything that I know about how to become an absolute productivity ninja in post. Now whether it's organizing your projects, folders, building clean timelines, learning how to escape your email inbox, creating focused blocks of work time throughout your day, using cool apps like TextExpander, Hazel, Evernote, and Trello, or really drilling down into the nuts and bolts of the Getting Things Done system, I'm going to walk you through, on a weekly basis, how you can transform the way that you do things so you can stop working harder and start working smarter.
Now some of these topics are going to be pretty basic and you might be thinking, "Yeah, yeah, I already know how to do this stuff, I don't need this." But then there are going to be other weeks where I do a super deep dive into more advanced topics and you may think, "Whoa, this is way over my head." Either way, I want you to know that I have got your back. There are a lot of moving parts so I've designed this course in such a way that it allows you to experience a fun mixture of both basic as well as more advanced productivity techniques. That way, there's something that may not apply to you one week, the next week, you might learn a totally different trick that's perfect for your specific workflow.
So on that note, let's stop wasting precious time and jump right in.
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.