Learn how to create better transitions by combining Premiere Pro's built-in transitions with filters and other effects, and then find out how to customize and save your results.
- Hi, my name is Rich Harrington, and welcome to this course on creating better transitions. When it comes to Premiere Pro, there are lots of ways to add transitions. There are, of course, the traditional methods of using the actual transition effects. But you can use filters or standard effects, and stacking techniques as well, plus there is a slew of third-party options out there. In this course, we're going to explore best practices, some creative ideas and things that maybe you haven't used before, as well as how to maximize the tools that you probably use every single day.
If you take a look at some of the other Premiere Pro guru courses, our objective is to help you really dig deeper into some of the core features that you need to get the job done. So, with that in mind, we're going to explore transitions today. Remember, a transition is something that you use to signify a change in space or time. With this in mind, let's start to explore what could be done when we add transitions between clips.
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.