Professional colorist Robbie Carman introduces video editors to color grading with SpeedGrade and the Lumetri color engine in Premiere Pro.
- Hey there, I'm Robert Carmen, And welcome to Premiere Pro Guru: Lumetri Workflows using SpeedGrade and Direct Link. You know, over the past two years Adobe has been putting a lot of effort into improving color grading throughout applications in the creative cloud. In this title, I'm gonna guide you through understanding how to use Premiere Pro's Lumetri effect to apply color correction in grades to your shots. Next, I'll show you how easy and powerful the Direct Link workflow is between Premiere Pro and SpeedGrade, and when and why you might wanna use Adobe's dedicated color grading application.
I'll show you the essentials of SpeedGrade, including getting comfortable with the interface, making primary and secondary corrections, and even how to work with SpeedGrade as a standalone color grading tool capable of working with any NLE. Finally, we'll wrap-up taking a look at some special shot matching tools in SpeedGrade, and how to use looks developed in SpeedGrade in other creative cloud applications. In many ways, Lumetri effect, and now the Direct Link workflow are revolutionary in the world of color grading, and throughout this title, I think you'll become as excited as I am about color correction and grading, and all the possibilities available using Premiere Pro and SpeedGrade.
So, welcome to Premiere Pro Guru: Lumetri workflows using SpeedGrade and Direct Link. I'm Robbie Carmen.
- Applying Lumetri look presets to clips and adjustment layers
- Combining presets with other color corrections
- Sending a project from Premiere Pro to SpeedGrade and back again
- Merging clips in the Timeline
- Matching clips
- Using Lumetri looks in Photoshop and After Effects