Introduces the concepts behind color correction and color grading, and guides editors through the process of correcting contrast, color balance, and hue/saturation in individual shots and entire films.
- Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy. Welcome to Introduction to Video Color Correction. Intended to be a first bite into this beautiful hybrid of art and science, creative color adjustments within a measured environment. I'll begin by covering some pretty fascinating history of film and color so that we can see where we've been and how far we've come. We'll then look at how color correction fits into this realm. We'll cover the proper color correction workflow, starting with adjusting the contrast and color if individual shots, working to establish good shot-to-shot consistency.
Then, we'll talk about the option of adding a look or style. Finally, we'll finish by diving into some very common color correction problems and solutions so that you can start your journey off with as many specific tools in your arsenal as possible. When you're finished with this course, you should've gained a good understanding of the incredible world of color correction, and be prepared to go forth in other lynda.com trainings to learn more about this exciting craft. Okay, let's get started.
- Exploring the history of moving images and color
- Understanding color correction and color grading
- Exploring color theory
- Adjusting contrast, color balance, and hue/saturation of individual shots
- Using automatic color-correction techniques
- Establishing shot-to-shot consistency
- Applying color treatments
- Correcting color problems