Learn to creatively compose short-form advertisements in Adobe Premiere Pro and create spots that market a brand as well as sell a product.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Christine Steele. Welcome to Commercial Editing with Premiere Pro. Commercial editing is for rule breakers. This style of content creation isn't as tightly structured as narrative editing because you're not bound by linear rules of storytelling. We'll start by exploring the techniques for marketing an idea and a brand rather than simply selling a product. We'll begin creating the project by previsualizing with limited assets like style frames and temporary audio. - [Voiceover] H plus has what you need. - [Christine] I'll build a rough cut from final footage including action montage segments and well-chosen hero shots to mark important moments in the piece.
- [Voiceover] Plus has what you need. - [Christine] I'll make specific timing choices to refine the cut using final motion graphic hero shots and final audio. Finally, I'll explore several effects techniques to trigger an emotional reaction from the viewer. I'll be using Premiere Pro, but my goal is to focus on concepts that are relevant to editing commercials, regardless of the software you might be using. Now let's get started with Commercial Editing with Premiere Pro.
- Marketing a brand
- Understanding the role of the editor
- Using style frames and temporary audio to previsualize the spot
- Replacing hero shots
- Building action montages
- Timing the cuts to audio
- Refining the cut
- Adding color, lighting, and transition effects
- Sound design