Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video Warming (or cooling) your footage, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- Sometimes, a script determines that our clips…should be more on the warm side of things,…or on the cool side of things.…Every time I watch a vampire movie,…I see it on the cool tones in the colors,…that means in the blues.…And sometimes, if I see a movie that is shot in the desert,…I will see it on the orange and yellow side of things.…So, it becomes a part of the story…to either warm or cool the footage.…Let's go ahead and open Sequence 3-5 from the Project panel…and add an adjustment layer to the sequence.…
If you already have the adjustment layer,…just use one of the ones that we had been using before,…but if you don't, create a new one.…And that's simply click on the new item icon…here at the bottom of the Project panel,…and choose Adjustment Layer.…Leave the settings as they are and click Okay,…and now you can drag it to Video Track 2,…and we need to expand.…Now, we're going to warm up this footage.…And it is already warm, but it could be a little warmer.…
So go ahead and select the adjustment layer,…go to the Basic Correction in the Lumetri Color panel,…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.