Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Creating effective stories
- Planning the shoot
- Setting proper exposure, shutter speed, and focus
- Adhering to the rule of thirds
- Framing the shot
- Achieving a good color balance
- Keeping shots steady
- Using smooth zooms and pans
- Establishing opening and closing shots
- Transitioning from exteriors to interiors
- Editing cutaways
- Using lights
- Using trucking shots
- Working with audio
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm Jeff Sengstack. Welcome to Video Journalism Shooting Techniques. My goal is to help you tell stories, whether you are an amateur videographer, an aspiring documentary producer, or even a TV news photog, I designed this course to help you use video to tell better stories. I begin by explaining how to craft your story, and effectively plan your shoot with your story in mind. I go on to explain basic still photography techniques, like setting proper exposure, shutter speed, and focus.
Along the way, I give you advice on how to edit certain kinds of shots, including matched action, sequences and audio. - I try to sample the ganache. - [Jeff] At it's core, effective story telling is what journalism is all about. You wanna craft a story that will engage your audience, and shoot video that will support that story, and hold your viewer's attention. So, join me now, as I explain how to use video to tell stories.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.