Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using single-sided transitions and hold frames, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- Earlier, you saw me manually add some hold frames…by adjusting the effect transition…until the zebra bar showed up.…You can also force this issue by inserting…a hold frame yourself.…Remember, as you're working with a particular clip,…if you decide you wanna add a hold, it's pretty simple.…Wherever the playhead is, you can right-click on the clip,…not the edit point, and choose to add a hold frame.…Now, you'll note a couple of options here.…If I Add a Frame Hold,…it becomes frozen from that point on.…
Let's undo that.…If I right-click and choose to…Insert a Frame Hold Segment,…you'll note it pushed everything else down.…Now you've manually added a freeze frame on your own…and then it goes to full motion.…This makes it really easy.…With this segment here, it's pretty simple.…Go over the clip and then mark the clip.…Marker, Mark Clip.…
Then go to the out point.…Simply go back one frame…using your arrow key or the Step Back button…and mark a new out point.…You can now Extract.…This makes it very easy to put in the transition.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.