Join Jeff I. Greenberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Online Offline Workflows.
- For those of you who have access to the Exercise Files, you'll see here that there are no Exercise Files, there's just media. And that has to do with the nature of building proxies, that there's no real like before and after beyond throwing the right switches. If you take a look though, I've given you footage with 4K and 5K material, along with UHD material. And I've also given you the Adobe Media encoding presets that I've built during this class, including the ones that I specially built to prep for this class.
If you need to use these and you want to use these, you can go into Media Encoder and you can go right into the preset browser and you can import these directly with this little button here for import presets. Of course, you don't have to use actually any of this footage. I just thought it would be neat to give you some UHD, some 4K, and some 5K material to play with. You will get the best results testing your own workflow using your own footage.
- Understanding proxy (aka online/offline) workflows
- How (and where) to create proxies
- Creating proxies at ingest
- Adjusting settings
- Viewing proxy metadata
- Attaching full-resolution clips to a proxy-only system
- Building custom proxy presets
- Outputting high-quality masters and low-quality proxies