Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Mixing Audio Clips and Tracks.
- If you are a premium member of the lynda.com online training library, you have access to the exercise files that I used in this title. Please go ahead and download these files, and after you do so, if needed, unzip them. You will then have a folder named Premiere Pro Guru / Mixing Audio Clips and Tracks. You can put this folder wherever you need in your system, but I will place mine on the desktop. If you open the folder, you will notice that we have a Premiere Pro Project file, and then folders that contain all of the assets that we will use.
You will use this Premiere Pro Project throughout this title. In the other folders you will find all of the necessary files to use. The Premiere Pro Project references this media, so all you need to do is open this project in Premiere Pro. Please keep in mind that these files are not original media. These files are highly compressed, so that your download times are short. Let's go ahead and open the project.
If you get a warning message stating that the project was saved using Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration, all you have to do is click OK. In my system, I am using a qualified video card for GPU acceleration, so I do not get the message. You can always configure your Mercury Playback Engine settings in your Project settings. After that, your project should look just like mine. Let's go ahead and look at the project panel. I will maximize it.
You can maximize any panel by simply placing your mouse cursor on top of it and pressing the Tilde or Grave key. Let's take a look at these bins. We have a Sequences bin, with all four of the chapters listed in there, and we have an Assets bin, with the assets that we're going to using in there as well. Let's take a look at the Sequences. If I expand Chapter 1, you will see the sequences available in there.
Please keep in mind that your sequences may look different than mine. The interface may also look different. This is because I had to record these movies at a specific resolution, and your screen resolution might not match the one that I use. Of course, if you are not a premium member of the lynda.com training library, you can still follow along using your own media. Okay, let's get started with Premiere Pro Guru / Mixing Audio Clips and Tracks.
- Knowing your tools
- Setting up audio in Premiere Pro
- Adjusting audio levels in the Premiere Pro timeline
- Adding keyframes
- Working with audio transitions
- Using the Limiter and EQ effects
- Healing noise in Audition
- Trimming audio on the go
- Recording and exporting audio
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q. What parts of the course are new or were updated during the 02/02/2018 release?
A. The the chapter about the Essential Sound panel and the chapter about new and updated effects were part of the 02/02/2018 update.