Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- If your lynda.com membership includes it, I've put together a collection of exercise files. Now these are just simple sequences that have a handful of shots together. So really, any footage will work. I've just taken some of the necessary setup steps of getting clips arranged with handles and stacks to speed up the process of teaching you things. So if you have access, it's a quick download. Just pull the footage down and open up the project file and you can follow along. If not, track down some of your own footage, get five or six different shots that you can use, and try to get them in the same format and put them into a timeline.
We will be working with transitions and a few different video layers throughout today. Now I do ask that you respect the copyright on this footage. This is some of my personal footage that I acquired, and I'm sharing it with you so you have footage that's interesting to look at. But please don't use this footage in any of your productions or post it online. All right, get your own files or download the ones I've provided, and let's get started.
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
The Art of Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.