Sometimes when creating backgrounds for titles, you may want to use a frame of the video as that background. How do you create a background for a graphic from a frame of video? In this movie, author Luisa Winters will show you how to export a still image from the video file and how to use it to create a background for your text.
- Sometimes, we want to use a background…that we capture from the actual video that we are using.…For that, we need to export a still image…from the video file.…In Premiere Pro, double click the sequence named…1.5 Using Background From Video.…In here, you're going to see a shot of a crashed airplane.…Let's go ahead and just play through this a little bit.…At any moment, you can choose to pause…and what we're going to do…is that we are going to export this image…that we are seeing right now as a still.…
If you want to change it, it's okay.…You can just scrub the timeline…and go to whatever still you want to export.…I'll leave it somewhere around here.…To export, all we have to do…is click on this little camera icon.…If you hover on top of it,…the tool tip will say Export Frame.…If by any reason, you don't see this icon,…go ahead and click on the plus sign…that is on the bottom right hand side of the program panel…and drag that little camera icon to the tool set.…
When you're done, click Okay.…And now, to export it, just click on the camera icon.…
- Generating graphic backgrounds
- Using Premiere's Titler
- Creating title templates and styles
- Creating titles with After Effects
- Using Photoshop for multilayer titles
- Creating lower thirds in InDesign
- Creating vector graphics for titles in Illustrator
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Jason Osder1h 34m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitionswith Richard Harrington2h 13m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflowwith Robbie Carman1h 58m Intermediate
1. Generating Graphic Backgrounds
2. Using Titler in Premiere
3. Using After Effects for Title Work
4. Creating Lower Thirds in InDesign
5. Creating Titles in Photoshop
6. Creating Titles in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.