Creating an efficient communication system between various team members is key to maintaining productivity and maximum creativity. In addition to the standard communication and notification features in Trello, Zack demonstrates how to integrate Trello with Slack so you can further sort your notifications and minimize unwanted distractions.
- [Narrator] Trello has some incredibly powerful tools…to enable team communication…all in a single virtual environment.…But if you really want to start organizing your communication…then my recommendation is integrating Slack.…The online training library has an entire course…on how to use Slack, so I'm not going to go into the specifics…of how to use it.…But I at least briefly want to walk you through…how you can connect Slack with Trello…and then help you understand where your communication…should happen to maximize efficiency…and minimize confusion.…
Looking at our main tutorial board here…the first thing I want to show you is how…just Trello manages notifications.…I'm going to go up here to the little notifications button…and that's pretty much it.…You're going to see a list of notifications…in chronological order.…There's no way to organize them by person,…organize them by read or unread,…or a way to organize them by board or team member.…So basically it's just a giant brain dump…of all the notifications.…
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.
Video Production and Post Tips of the Weekwith Richard Harrington12h 49m Appropriate for all
Video Editing: Moving from Production to Postwith Amy DeLouise2h 22m Appropriate for all
The History of Film and Video Editingwith Ashley Kennedy2h 10m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Trello, GTD, Productivity Tools
Project and Timeline Organization
Inbox zero8m 27s
Project & dailies organization, and going further with GTD and Trello 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.