Once you're ready to key in Adobe After Effects, there's lots of ways to get the footage in. How do you migrate footage from Adobe Premiere Pro into After Effects? With an After Effects project open, you’ve got a couple of choices. Richard Harrington demonstrates how to import Premiere Pro projects into After Effects with Dynamic Link.
- Now this next workflow is one…that needs careful consideration.…It's called Dynamic Link.…And what it creates is a link between two project files.…As you make changes in one,…it updates in the other.…Now this can be pretty cool,…but it can also be potentially problematic.…It means that there's a dependency between the two projects,…and if you move one, or delete something,…it can actually impact the other.…So it's important that you use careful media management,…and that you don't have too many different people jumping…in and out of the projects.…
You will find a complete course about…using Dynamic Link available in our online library.…Let's explore this.…In this case I'm starting inside a premier pro.…And I want to move a clip across.…I'll select sequence three,…and I'm going to choose one of these clips here.…Let's just size the window,…and with an element selected,…I'll just select both clips.…If you think you're going to need additional operations,…you might want to extend the clip…so it has more handles or media.…
- Keying in Premiere Pro vs. After Effects
- Importing footage to key
- Stacking layers in Premiere Pro
- Using the Ultra Keyer
- Using KEYLIGHT
- Enhancing a key with 3D lights
- Deciding when to use a third-party tool
- Processing backdrops in Photoshop
- Exchanging transparency data
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice: 12 Tracking and Keyingwith Chris Meyer3h 54m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
After Effects Compositing: 4 Color Keyingwith Mark Christiansen2h 7m Intermediate
1. Deciding Where to Key Your Footage
2. Importing Footage to Key
3. Keying in Adobe Premiere Pro
4. Keying in Adobe After Effects
5. Selected Third-Party Keyers
6. Processing Backdrops in Photoshop
7. Backdrop Techniques
8. Exchanging Transparency Data
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.