If you have edited in either Apple Final Cut Pro X or Avid, you might be used to mixing audio clips. Adobe Premiere Pro offers a couple different views that you can use: Track Mixer and Clip Mixer. How do you use the clip mixer? In this movie, authors Richard Harrington and Cheryl Ottenritter demonstrate how to use the Clip Mixer in Premiere Pro.
- Those of you coming from a tool like Avid…or Final Cut Pro might be used to mixing clips.…Now, Sheryl, in the world of professional audio,…you often think of things more at the track level,…not a clip level mix, right?…- Only leveling out like we talked about before…in clip gain,…not really a clip mix so to say.…- But, Premiere Pro offers two types of views.…Now, this comes for some historical reasons.…Originally, Final Cut Pro had a clip mixer,…and people who are used to using that,…used a clip-based mixer.…
Premiere Pro has always had a track mixer,…but as a lot of people migrated…into the Premiere Pro ecosystem,…I'm just going to be honest,…Adobe got tired of telling people…well that's not how this mixer works, use it this way.…Eventually, they decided to add a second mixer,…the clip mixer,…and that's the one we're going to look at now.…So we've opened up a sequence here,…and it's just 3.1,…and we can close everything else up.…And I think what's important here…is that we start with the clip mixer.…Now the two look pretty similar.…
- Setting up your tracks in Premiere Pro
- Organizing tracks on the Timeline
- Adjusting audio levels on the Timeline
- Switching between track and clip control
- Using the Clip Mixer and Track Mixer
- Using submixes for routing and stem mixing
- Adding clip-level effects to audio clips
- EQ for male and female voices
- Removing background noise
- Compressing the master track
Skill Level Intermediate
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 32m Beginner
Introduction to Video Dialogue Editingwith Ashley Kennedy3h 14m Intermediate
Audio for Video: 2 Tips & Techniqueswith Jeff Jacoby28m 24s Intermediate
1. Getting Off to a Good Start
2. Adjusting Audio Levels on the Timeline
3. Mastering the Mixers
4. Essential Effects
5. EQ, Compression, and Noise Reduction in Action
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.