This course was created and produced by Chad Perkins. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Using lenses as a tool in storytelling
- Establishing focus for video
- Achieving a shallow depth of field
- Using equipment like clapperboards and matte boxes
- Editing and color correcting footage
- Using cinematography techniques to get beautiful shots
- Avoiding rolling shutter and moiré
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Welcome to this training series, where we're going to get you all the info you need to shoot great video with a DSLR camera. - My name is Chad Perkins and this here is Brian Liepe, the best cinematographer and camera person and lighting person I've ever seen in my entire life, and we are extremely excited to show you the ins and outs of these amazing cameras. - [Brian] Several years ago, Chad and I were both shooting with these much more expensive cameras.
In order to get the same beautiful shots that these DSLR cameras can, we needed a lot more light and a lot more gear. - When DSLR's came out it sparked a huge revolution in the world of video. That huge rig cost almost $10,000. This little camera gets more cinematic footage in less light with less weight and for $500. - [Brian] In this training, we're going to start from scratch with the basics of cinematography and using different lenses.
- [Chad] From there we'll share with you our experience in using these cameras on set, and also in post production, including some of the problems we've encountered and what can be done to resolve them. - This course is going to be a great education and tons of fun. So let's get started.
Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Trainingwith Abba Shapiro6h 59m Beginner
Video Journalism: Shooting Techniqueswith Jeff Sengstack2h 4m Appropriate for all
1. Photography Basics
2. DSLR Basics
3. Understanding Lenses
4. In Production
6. Common DSLR Pitfalls
7. Important Gear
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.