Up and Running with DSLR Filmmaking
Join Chad Perkins, an author and videographer, as he introduces the essential concepts and techniques necessary for shooting video with a DSLR camera. Targeted at beginning videographers and anyone interested in shooting better video, this course covers cinematography basics, DSLR pitfalls, important gear, and postproduction workflow. Along the way, discover how to choose lenses, record audio, and make shots more professional.
This course was created and produced by Chad Perkins. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Using lenses as a tool in storytelling
- Establishing focus for video
- Achieving a shallow depth of field
- Using equipment like clapperboards and matte boxes
- Editing and color correcting footage
- Using cinematography techniques to get beautiful shots
- Avoiding rolling shutter and moiré
- Welcome to this training series, where we're going to get you all the info you need to shoot great video with a DSLR camera. - My name is Chad Perkins and this here is Brian Liepe, the best cinematographer and camera person and lighting person I've ever seen in my entire life, and we are extremely excited to show you the ins and outs of these amazing cameras. - [Brian] Several years ago, Chad and I were both shooting with these much more expensive cameras.
In order to get the same beautiful shots that these DSLR cameras can, we needed a lot more light and a lot more gear. - When DSLR's came out it sparked a huge revolution in the world of video. That huge rig cost almost $10,000. This little camera gets more cinematic footage in less light with less weight and for $500. - [Brian] In this training, we're going to start from scratch with the basics of cinematography and using different lenses.
- [Chad] From there we'll share with you our experience in using these cameras on set, and also in post production, including some of the problems we've encountered and what can be done to resolve them. - This course is going to be a great education and tons of fun. So let's get started.
Creating a Poster with Adobe Mobile Apps39,035 Views
Excel 2007 Essential Training2,862,204 Views
Finding a Remote Job33,406 Views
Foundations of Photography: Lenses2,108,254 Views
Negotiation Fundamentals357,985 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,822,562 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
Video Gear Weekly784,016 Views
Pro Video Tips678,598 Views