Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming shots with transitions applied, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- If you choose to trim a transition or trim a clip,…transition's gonna have a big impact.…Remember earlier I mentioned the idea of flash frames,…this is particularly problematic…when you have unwanted stuff that happens at a shot.…Maybe it's a rack focus or a recomposing of the frame…or maybe your source was a previously edited clip…and you're getting flash frames from a hard edit point.…Let's explore how trimming and transitions intersect.…In this particular case,…I've already applied some transitions.…When I select a transition…depending upon the effect,…you may or may not see additional controls.…
The cross dissolve transition for example,…doesn't show you all of the overlapping options.…As you're working with a cross dissolve…you really can't do too much up here.…But as I start to slip a shot here,…let's use the slip tool…and start to drag this shot to the left.…You see, I have a little bit of wiggle room…but not a lot, about nine frames worth of handle.…But on the second shot,…what I'm seeing as I drag is what's happening.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.