Join James Ball for an in-depth discussion in this video Syncing cameras with audio, part of Multi-Camera Video Production and Post.
- Well, we talked a lot about synching multiple cameras…and worrying about the image synching different cameras…different images, audio also needs to synched to picture.…And not only can audio be synched to the picture…it can also be a tool to synch the other cameras as well.…And that method is by using reference audio…not polished clean audio necessarily…just some reference audio…that's especially useful on lower end cameras…that don't have time code inputs or ways…to electronically automatically get synched.…
- Most camera's these days can record decent enough audio.…Even if you don't attach an external microphone…that built in microphone might be enough…to get some reference audio.…And this is going to come in handy…when you get into post production.…With tools like Pluraleyes from Red Giant…or even built into many non linear editing systems.…We have the ability to use that reference audio…to automatically align the different angles together.…This is going to make it very easy…to get those angles synched up…
You'll learn essential preproduction strategies to get the right gear and place it in the right position. You'll also learn techniques for syncing the visuals and audio captured from each camera. Rich and James offer advice for directors running shoots in the field, as well as strategies for crew members who are building sets and logging footage. Finally, in chapters 7 and 8, they share techniques for multicamera postproduction with Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro. In these chapters, you'll learn how to create multicam clips, apply color correction, color match angles, switch between angles, and refine and master your edit. By the end of the course, you'll have a thorough start-to-finish understanding of the multicamera production process.
- Planning the multicamera production
- Evaluating the location
- Creating camera diagrams
- Selecting the right equipment
- Communicating with crew
- Lighting multicam productions
- Matching and syncing cameras
- Directing a multicamera shoot
- Editing multicamera video
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the essentials of live streaming your multicamera production.
Video for Photographers: 1 Filmmaking Essentialswith Eduardo Angel37m 48s Appropriate for all
Camera Movement for Video Productionswith Eduardo Angel46m 48s Appropriate for all
1. Planning the Production
2. The Production Approach
3. Preparing Cameras for a Multicamera Production
4. Running a Multicamera Production
5. Strategies from the Crew
6. Preparing for Post-Production
7. Multicamera Post-Production with Adobe Premiere Pro
8. Multicamera Post-Production with Final Cut Pro X
9. The Essentials of Live Streaming Your Multicamera Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.