A place in Adobe Premiere Pro that many editors are comfortable working in is the Timeline. The Timeline allows you to edit your audio tracks and audio clips. How do you switch between track and clip controls? Authors Richard Harrington and Cheryl Ottenritter demonstrate how to switch between audio track and clip controls in Premiere Pro.
- We talked a little bit before about…making track mixes versus clip mixes,…but I think one place where people are used to working…is in the timeline.…What can we know about the differences here…as we start to explore our timeline?…- [Cheryl] Well, audio-wise you can switch level…both on the track and the clip.…- [Richard] So let's go ahead and open up a sequence here.…We've got an example sequence here with two on…and I'll press the expand key there,…accent grave. - Right.…- [Richard] And, now we want to see…these tracks here. - Right.…- [Richard] So we'll take a look at the expanded track size,…but that's not quite big enough is it.…
- [Cheryl] No, sometimes you really need to dig in.…- [Richard] So let's go ahead and hold down…that shift key and scroll.…So right now we're seeing clip keyframes…and the ability to add them, and if that line wasn't there,…just make sure you check under the wrench icon there…and choose that you want to see audio keyframes.…Otherwise, if that's turned off, that line's going to disappear…
- Setting up your tracks in Premiere Pro
- Organizing tracks on the Timeline
- Adjusting audio levels on the Timeline
- Switching between track and clip control
- Using the Clip Mixer and Track Mixer
- Using submixes for routing and stem mixing
- Adding clip-level effects to audio clips
- EQ for male and female voices
- Removing background noise
- Compressing the master track
Skill Level Intermediate
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 32m Beginner
Introduction to Video Dialogue Editingwith Ashley Kennedy3h 14m Intermediate
Audio for Video: 2 Tips & Techniqueswith Jeff Jacoby28m 24s Intermediate
1. Getting Off to a Good Start
2. Adjusting Audio Levels on the Timeline
3. Mastering the Mixers
4. Essential Effects
5. EQ, Compression, and Noise Reduction in Action
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.