Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Storing transition presets, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When you copy an effect from a sequence…to another sequence, those values translate.…And in a moment, I'm gonna show you how to store those…into special project.…But there are some transitions that you can store.…You'll remember earlier I showed you…the effect-based transitions that applied…to an entire clip.…Those can be captured.…Let me show you how.…If I select this clip here…and it's got multiple effects applied.…In this case it's the Venetian Blind.…By selecting that, I could choose the option.…
And if there were Opacity keyframes,…I could grab those, too.…Any of the transitions you've built…using the layer transition stack approach will work.…Just cmd click on multiple effects that you want to store.…Then in your Effects tab here,…simply go up to the Presets folder.…You'll note that there's lots of presets.…If you need one for yourself, just click the Panel menu…and you could choose to make a New Presets Bin…and just give it your initials.…
Now, with that bin targeted, it's very simple…to select the effect and click the popup Panel menu…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Documentary Editing with Premiere Prowith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
The Art of Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.