Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting and customizing default transitions, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- Likely, your system is using video and audio transitions…as defaults, probably a Cross Dissolve for both video…and audio as the standard, but you can change this.…Additionally, you can set the duration…for those transitions.…Let's start there.…On older versions of Premiere Pro, this was a bit difficult,…but if you're using a recent update,…you could choose Premiere Pro, Preferences, General.…It used to be that one of these was in Frames…and the other in Seconds.…You see here that that is what this shows.…
In the past, these were locked down.…This got tricky, because you would apply things…like a 1-second audio dissolve,…but then as you switch between different types…of format, such as 24p or maybe 60p,…the frame rate could throw off the transition.…If I applied a default video and audio transition…in a 24p sequence, I'd get a 1-second audio dissolve…and about a second and 1/3 on the video side.…Now, starting with the most recent updates in Premiere Pro,…you'll see that there's a pop-up menu, so you could choose…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.