Join Luisa Winters for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving and applying presets to adjustment layers, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Adjustment Layers and Nesting.
- Sometimes you want to save a preset so that you…can apply it to an adjustment layer.…You may want to save it in your project panel…rather than in your effects panel as a regular preset.…If that is the case, you can do that easily by applying…the effect to the master clip in the Premiere Pro project.…Let's go ahead and open sequence 2-3…from the project panel and add…an adjustment layer on top of these clips.…I'm going to go ahead and expand…the adjustment layer so that it covers all of the clips.…
Now, if you look in the effect controls panel,…you're going to see two tabs.…One that has the name of the sequence,…in this case, 2-3 Saving and Applying Presets…and the other one that says Master.…If we apply the effect to the one that is under…2-3 Saving and Applying Presets,…then what is happening is that you are…applying the effects to this instance…of the clip rather than the master.…
If Master is adjusted, then what is going to happen is…that every time you use this adjustment layer…you're going to be applying the same effects…
- When and why to nest Premiere Pro
- Rendering and replacing nesting
- Naming nested sequences
- Applying effects with adjustment layers
- Saving adjustment layers
- Adjusting footage using color corrections
- Masking effects
- Creating specific looks with adjustment layers
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assetswith Jason Osder2h 31m Intermediate
1. Using Nesting Techniques to Improve Your Workflow
2. Using Adjustment Layers to Make Your Effects Easier to Manage
3. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Visual Adjustments
4. Using Adjustment Layers to Create Specific Looks
5. Using LUTS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.