Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Sapphire, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- One of the most established and respected transitions…and overall effects packages on the market…is Sapphire from GenArts.…It's also one of the biggest investments…you might make in your system.…For years, Avid editors and people doing…high-end finishing added these plug-ins to their workflow.…I do want to caution you, though, that depending upon…what you consider "normal" for spending habits,…you might get a little bit of sticker shock.…But they do offer an extensible array…of flexible plug-ins, including the ability…to build your own effects.…
One of the things that's quite nice…about Sapphire is how extensible it is.…If you visit GenArts, you can take a look at their products,…the one that we're working with is Sapphire.…Sapphire has the ability to be a purchase…or the option to use licenses.…Now, you can download a free trial…to really get your hands on with this,…but just be sure to take a look at what your choices are,…and see if it's a good fit.…It does include a lot of effects and tranitions,…as well as an extensive collection of presets.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.