Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing the cut, part of Introduction to Video Editing.
- Okay, so let's just take a moment to review the short…documentary all the way through.…Remember all the things you're looking for.…That we've got a solid foundation that tells us…an engaging story and that we've got interesting…B roll and process footage to help…supplement that story and also,…notice how the music and titles add to…the overall viewing experience.…(french accordion music)…- [Voiceover] I own my recipe, I own my own creations.…
So various recipes that I already created in France…before we came to California.…Then when we got the place here…I started with only 21 different chocolates…and now we have 36…different flavor plus one I do every month.…I do a different one.…So we have three different process.…One, it's a the truffle, so the truffle it's all handmade…so we do the ganards, then we pipe the ganards,…then I roll it then after we dip them in the chocolate.…
Then we have a second kind is the one who is…made with the mold like the fish.…Then it's another kind, is the one that we cut.…It's the bon-bon.…
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Documentary Editingwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Exploring Story
What is story?2m 47s
2. The Grammar of Editing
3. Exploring Nonlinear Editing Applications
4. Editing a Short Narrative Scene
5. Editing a Short Documentary
6. Understanding Additional Post-Production Processes
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.