Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing the cut, part of Introduction to Video Editing.
- Now that we put this scene together,…let's take a moment to review it in its entirety.…Remember for all the things you're looking for.…Take a look at the types of shots we use.…The combination of continuity editing…and complexity editing.…As well as the timing and pacing.…(upbeat accordion music)…Once you're finished reviewing it…and have gone through multiple revisions…to get it just right, you'll want to export your sequence…as a file that you can deliver to your client…or post to the web.…
To do that, you just right-click on the sequence…in your project ping, and choose 'Export Media'.…Now, this window is full of a lot of different options…and if you want to get some nice suggestions…on exactly what to pick, go ahead and watch…the Essential Training course.…But, if you just want to send it out with the same settings…as your sequence, you select this option here,…'Match Sequence Settings',…and you can see that several things gray out…because it sort of baked in there.…Otherwise, if you uncheck that, you can choose a format…
- Exploring an editor's role in storytelling
- Understanding film grammar
- Learning when to follow and when to break editing "rules"
- Exploring shot and lens movement, as well as timing and pacing
- Getting to know video editing software
- Editing narrative scenes
- Editing documentaries
- Looking at the role of sound design, effects, and color correction
- Next steps for training and development
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Final Cut Pro X v10.1.x: Documentary Editingwith Diana Weynand2h 56m Intermediate
1. Exploring Story
What is story?2m 47s
2. The Grammar of Editing
3. Exploring Nonlinear Editing Applications
4. Editing a Short Narrative Scene
5. Editing a Short Documentary
6. Understanding Additional Post-Production Processes
Next steps2m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.