- [Instructor] In this trio, we're going to begin…the very important conversation…of screen direction and spatial continuity concepts…that we introduced in the previous course on cinematography.…Now, with screen direction,…we're literally talking about the importance…of the direction things are facing.…Take this scene from the classic horror film…Curse of the Demon.…Now in the beginning of the film,…this dude drives to frame right…to go to this house to have this meeting.…And then, when he's done with the meeting,…he goes frame left to come back home.…
Now, think for a minute about how economical that is on set.…It's the same camera setup, super easy.…But what if he drove the same direction both times,…if he was constantly going frame right,…to the guy's house, then after the guy's house.…It would seem like the first guy's house was just,…like, the stop on the way to meet with other people,…not like he's going back home.…Now, screen direction is also used…when people talk to each other.…In Die Hard, John McClane talks frame left…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.