Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering to DVD and Blu-ray, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Instructor] Though not as common these days,…it was extremely common in days past…to submit films to film festivals on DVD.…So much so that many older and smaller festivals…still require this in order to submit your film to them.…And for HD films, Blu-ray can still be a great option…for film festivals because there aren't…any file format issues to contend with.…So it's helpful to know how to create them.…Also, you might wanna create copies of your film…for your team, or even sell your film on DVD or Blu-ray.…
So for exporting your film to DVD or Blu-ray,…remember that you can't have HD films on DVD.…DVD is a standard definition format.…Your software can shrink it down for you,…but just be aware that if you want…your HD film to be displayed in HD,…you'll need to use the Blu-ray format.…For exporting to a DVD authoring application,…you'll want to export your film in the MPEG2 format.…Both Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder…have specific MPEG2 DVD options in their export settings.…
For Blu-ray you can use MPEG2 or a very high quality H264,…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.