Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining transition position in the Effect Controls panel, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- With many effects, you can access additional…controls in the Effects controls panel.…Let's explore what options are available.…In this particular transition, when I select it…you'll note that double clicking brings up the duration.…This allows you to set the overall…duration for the effect.…But that same information is available…under Effect Controls.…You can get there by clicking on the Effect Controls panel,…or the shortcut shift five to select the panel.…
But you need to make sure that the effect…is selected, otherwise it won't appear.…Now, up in the Effect Controls panel,…you might see a view that looks a bit like this.…Normally, you're not viewing the timeline.…Now, I'm a big fan of seeing the actual sources…for my transitions.…Makes it a little bit easier to tell what's going on.…From here, you could adjust the duration.…Remember, if you see hyperlink text here in a panel,…you can click on it and enter a new value,…such as three seconds,…or you can actually scrub that value…left and right by dragging,…which allows you to choose a different value.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.