Join James Ball for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining the edit, part of Multi-Camera Video Production and Post.
- Now that we've got the sequence built in the timeline,…at least a rough sequence,…let me show you a couple of quick refining techniques.…Now remember of course, there is extensive coverage…of editing in Final Cut Pro X available here on Lynda.com…so this is just a quick overview.…Well, you saw how the pieces came together,…realized that you probably didn't get it perfect…on every edit, but they're easy to change.…In the timeline here, we can make a few finesses.…So for example, as we take a look at our sequence,…let's just zoom in a little bit so it's easier to see,…and each cut is available in the sequence.…
- Maria Smith, the owner and chief smoothologist…at the Glendwell stores, you may have seen around town.…Also food blogger.…Lovely to have you with us.…- Thank you, thank you.…- What are you going to teach us about smoothies today?…- Well what I'm going to be talking about…is green smoothies.…- Ooh. - Yes and incorporating veg.…And incorporating vegetables like spinach…into your smoothies.…- Alright so if we need to make a change here,…
You'll learn essential preproduction strategies to get the right gear and place it in the right position. You'll also learn techniques for syncing the visuals and audio captured from each camera. Rich and James offer advice for directors running shoots in the field, as well as strategies for crew members who are building sets and logging footage. Finally, in chapters 7 and 8, they share techniques for multicamera postproduction with Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro. In these chapters, you'll learn how to create multicam clips, apply color correction, color match angles, switch between angles, and refine and master your edit. By the end of the course, you'll have a thorough start-to-finish understanding of the multicamera production process.
- Planning the multicamera production
- Evaluating the location
- Creating camera diagrams
- Selecting the right equipment
- Communicating with crew
- Lighting multicam productions
- Matching and syncing cameras
- Directing a multicamera shoot
- Editing multicamera video
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover the essentials of live streaming your multicamera production.
Video for Photographers: 1 Filmmaking Essentialswith Eduardo Angel37m 48s Appropriate for all
Camera Movement for Video Productionswith Eduardo Angel46m 48s Appropriate for all
1. Planning the Production
2. The Production Approach
3. Preparing Cameras for a Multicamera Production
4. Running a Multicamera Production
5. Strategies from the Crew
6. Preparing for Post-Production
7. Multicamera Post-Production with Adobe Premiere Pro
8. Multicamera Post-Production with Final Cut Pro X
9. The Essentials of Live Streaming Your Multicamera Production
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.