Before you hand off your final audio output, you need to do quality control, or QC, to make sure that there are not any problems in your audio file. How do you do this in Adobe Audition? In this movie, authors Richard Harrington and Cheryl Ottenritter walk you through how to QC your audio mix and splits with Audition.
- Cheryl, we went into Adobe Audition earlier.…It's Adobe's dedicated audio tool,…and it would make sense that now that we're…getting to that advanced stage of QC, or quality control,…that we might want to jump into a dedicated tool.…So, let's launch Audition,…but what are we going to do there?…- [Cheryl] We are actually going to…bring in our stereo full mix,…and analyze it in the loudness matching tool.…It will give us all our parameters and…let us know if we are going to pass QC.…- [Man] Alright, so we've launched Adobe Audition,…and we simply need to add the file.…We can do this by choosing File, Open,…and there's our full mix.…
I could expand that out to make sure, that looks right.…- [Cheryl] Right.…- [Male] So, I'll just click open and it's selected.…So, this is the stereo mix down of the whole sequence.…- [Cheryl] And, let's bring up the Match Loudness window.…- [Male] So, under Workspace there,…we'll just bring up Match Loudness, or Option or Alt 5.…So now it's a dedicated panel and…we just put the file down there, right?…
- Setting up your tracks in Premiere Pro
- Organizing tracks on the Timeline
- Adjusting audio levels on the Timeline
- Switching between track and clip control
- Using the Clip Mixer and Track Mixer
- Using submixes for routing and stem mixing
- Adding clip-level effects to audio clips
- EQ for male and female voices
- Removing background noise
- Compressing the master track
Skill Level Intermediate
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 32m Beginner
Introduction to Video Dialogue Editingwith Ashley Kennedy3h 14m Intermediate
Audio for Video: 2 Tips & Techniqueswith Jeff Jacoby28m 24s Intermediate
1. Getting Off to a Good Start
2. Adjusting Audio Levels on the Timeline
3. Mastering the Mixers
4. Essential Effects
5. EQ, Compression, and Noise Reduction in Action
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.