Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing the next course, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- [Narrator] The next two courses, we're going…to take a look at the extensive visual effects work…I did on The Assurance.…And, there is so much fun stuff to cover here.…I am very excited.…Now, the visual effects courses are going…to be broken into two different courses.…The next course in the series will be on…creating environments, and that kind of thing.…And, then, the visual effects course after that…will be on creating cool effects,…like Ta'ani's eyes, and lightning,…and all that kind of stuff.…So, in the next course we're gonna dig…into the big finale sequence, and how I was able…to key out this wind-blow hair.…
And, we'll also look at what to do when…there isn't a green screen, such as here…in this shot against the sky,…or this nearly impossible shot against…the wood chips on the ground.…We'll be looking at how I composited elements…of this park with 3D components I rendered…from Vue Xstream, and we'll dig into…how to do that, a little bit, as well.…We'll look at why I shot…these visual effects shots outside,…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.