- [Instructor] In this chapter we're going to look…at exporting your timeline to other processes…in the post production workflow.…Know that this is not the same thing…as just rendering your timeline, which we'll look at…in the next chapter.…Here we're going to look at how to take your edits…and send them, all the cuts all the edits,…to other members of your team,…or if you're doing everything yourself…how to export your work to other software applications…that specialize in other tasks.…Now before doing so in this tutorial…I just wanna give you a few basic rules of thumb.…
Number one, don't assume that an export will work correctly.…You actually have to go in and double check everything…after each export.…As we'll look at in this chapter when I exported my timeline…to Davinci Resolve for color grading my re-framing data…didn't come over and neither did anything stored…in a nested sequence.…So that's actually my second tip here,…before of using nested sequences.…Now this is a tough one if you're in the Adobe world…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.