Premiere Pro Guru: Blending Mode Secrets
Get a detailed look at the secret sauce of filmmakers, motion graphics artists, and colorists: blend modes. In this course you'll learn how to unlock their power and create compelling new looks for your videos. Premiere Pro guru Rich Harrington shows you how to import blend modes from Photoshop and After Effects, color correct your footage exclusively with blend modes, and create a number of special effects, including reducing wrinkles, adding texture, creating a moving illustration, and even relighting a shot.
- Identifying blend modes
- Using blend modes in files from After Effects and Photoshop
- Color correcting with blend modes
- Softening skin
- Hiding noise and grain
- Creating high-contrast or cartoon looks
- Relighting a shot with blend modes
- Hi. My name's Rich Harrington and welcome to this course on exploring blending modes. Blending modes are the designer's secret and they really allow you to combine multiple layers together to get new and interesting results. You might be wondering what do they have to do with video editing? Well, it turns out that blending modes can solve a bunch of problems both technical as well as aesthetic ones, and there's some really cool things that can be done. In this course we're going to explore blending modes both inside of Premier Pro and then occasionally jumping out to applications like After Effects and Photoshop.
The great news is that blending modes are built into the core of Adobe Tools, which means fantastic real time performance. If you're coming to Premier Pro from another editing system, you may never have touched blending modes in the past because they either weren't available or were incredibly slow to try to access, but with Premier I'd like to encourage you to rethink your approach to working with blending modes and in this course I'm going to show you a lot of different, interesting, and cool ways to make them a part of your workflow.
Premiere Pro Guru: Effects and Preset Management45,749 Views
Premiere Pro Guru: Customizing Workspaces43,627 Views
EPK Editing Workflows 04: Audio Cleanup and Special Effects27,970 Views
Premiere Pro Guru: Sync Sound Workflow35,964 Views
Premiere Pro Guru: Cutting with Music67,170 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,822,562 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
Video Gear Weekly784,016 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training (2015)1,304,075 Views