Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Positioning transitions in the Timeline panel, part of Premiere Pro Guru: Better Transitions.
- While you may enjoy the precise control…of the Effects Control panel, it does mean…that you have to select an effect…and then load it up and potentially expand the view…and maximize the panel.…If you're working in a tight, small screen,…this may not be possible.…So a lot of times this can be done…right in the Timeline itself.…If I select an effect here,…you, of course, see it up top,…but let's just minimize that view…and stay on the Source view.…When it's selected there, I can grab the effect…and simply pull.…
You'll note that as you drag, you could choose…Ending at Cut or Starting at Cut.…As you drag, you can also choose to place it.…Now, there is no snapping in this case for the center,…but this will create those custom starts.…If you'd like to manually affect the duration…of that transition, you'll note that as you use…the selection tool, it automatically rolls over…to a Transition Trimming tool.…
So now I can drag that.…Now as you start to pull that out,…you'll note that it eventually hits the limits of the media.…
- Applying transitions between clips
- Positioning transitions in the Timeline
- Customizing default transitions
- Trimming shots
- Combining effects and transitions
- Creating a blur transition
- Creating and applying custom gradients
- Saving transition presets
- Working with third-party transition plugins like Red Giant and CoreMelt
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro: Documentary Editingwith Jason Osder3h 48m Intermediate
Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timelinewith Simon Walker2h 41m Appropriate for all
Color Correction: Color Grading for Locations and Times of Daywith Simon Walker2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Applying, and Working with, Transitions
2. Refining Transitions
3. Working with Effects and Transitions
4. Saving Transitions
5. Essential Third-Party Plugins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.