Zack goes over how to organize dailies for a scripted workflow for single camera only. He does this by breaking down dailies into scene bins, organizing in thumbnail view chronologically.
- [Instructor] In previous lessons…on NLE organization we covered how…to keep your main bins organized,…your different files, and also how to keep…a clean timeline in both your video and your audio tracks.…Now we're going to go down another path…and I'm going to walk you through my process…for organizing raw dailies, and this…is going to be for a scripted workflow.…As with many of the other lessons in this course,…I'm going to show you my way but that…doesn't mean that it's the way.…Hopefully my way can inspire you…to choose your own path based on the…foundational setup that I prefer,…but don't feel like this is your only option.…
And for point of reference I'll be demonstrating…this in Avid but you can organize in a similar fashion…in other NLEs, even if some of the buttons…or the features might be in different locations.…Before I even get started and open…the bin of footage I want to mention…that this is going to be one scene's worth of material.…When you get dailies you're generally…going to get between five and 10 scenes for any given day.…
- File management
- Time blocking
- Cleaning up your email inbox
- Organizing and prioritizing notifications
- Selecting apps to help you with task and time management
- Filtering email messages and paperwork
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Why can't I earn a Certificate of Completion for this course?
A: We publish a new tutorial or tutorials for this course on a regular basis. We are unable to offer a Certificate of Completion because it is an ever-evolving course that is not designed to be completed. Check back often for new movies.
Video Production and Post Tips of the Weekwith Richard Harrington12h 49m Appropriate for all
Video Editing: Moving from Production to Postwith Amy DeLouise2h 22m Appropriate for all
The History of Film and Video Editingwith Ashley Kennedy2h 10m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Trello, GTD, Productivity Tools
Project and Timeline Organization
Inbox zero8m 27s
Project & dailies organization, and going further with GTD and Trello 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.