Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing footage, part of Creating a Short Film: 08 Editing.
- So you finally got your footage on you computer.…You're probably chomping that the bit to jump in…and start editing.…But I'm gonna suggest to you in this tutorial…that you hold off on that and you first organize your…media in your project.…Now, what we're gonna look at here is five things…that I like to do when I'm organizing my…projects before I get started editing.…And this does obviously take some time,…but it's an investment that will save you so much…headache and time in the long run.…Now, before I get started with these five things…I wanna change my workspace.…This is set up to edit.…
I have my timeline panel really big.…My program monitor really big.…I don't need either of these for what I wanna do.…So, instead I'm just gonna click…this button called Assembly.…This will change my workspace a little bit…so that I can rearrange what I am doing.…This still does kind of give me a program monitor…and a timeline monitor, but it's organized in such…a way that the Project Panel kind of takes up…the left half of the interface.…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.