- [Chad] In this chapter we're going to take…a look at audio, which is you know a subject…often neglected by amateur filmmakers.…Now we're gonna have a separate course,…later in the series that is just dedicated…to all things audio, but just for right now we're gonna talk…about the basics of audio that editors need…to do their jobs well.…Now, earlier in this series, we looked at organizing assets…but in this tutorial we're going to look specifically…at how to organize audio in an editing project.…Almost every project you will have far more audio tracks…than video tracks, so you gotta keep that stuff organized…especially if you're gonna be you know exporting…your edit to a professional sound mix.…
But it actually starts before the timeline here…in the project panel or wherever your assets,…are being stored and whatever NLE you are using.…Now I've done something here that a lot of amateurs do,…I have a folder here so I've organized my stuff right.…You know it seems like I'm doing a good job,…but I just have this folder with all these assets…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.