- [Instructor] In this tutorial we'll look…at the actual process of how…to safely transfer the footage…from your camera's media card to your computer.…This process is referred to as offloading,…or sometimes called ingest.…On most sets, offloading is handled…by someone called a data wrangler.…This a crew member whose sole responsibility is…to care for the transfer of movie files…from the camera's media card to a computer.…Our data wrangler on the assurance was Robyn Scaringi.…She was amazing.…Her whole job was just to sit there for hours…at her computer and wait until we had a full media card,…at which point we would physically walk the card…to Robyn and hand it to her.…
We would not just set it down by her computer…or give it to a PA to give to her.…The hand-off of media cards is of such importance…that it's worth being kinda weird about.…Robyn would then put tape over the part…of the media card that goes into the camera.…This essentially locks the card…so that it won't get accidentally erased or used again.…When she was ready to offload the footage,…
- Telling stories with edits
- Syncing audio and video
- Matching eyelines
- Knowing when not to cut
- Controlling the pacing
- Controlling emotion with shot size
- Working with audio
- Creating a rough cut
- Creating end credits
- Rendering and output
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 01 Producingwith Chad Perkins1h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Productionwith Chad Perkins2h 13m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 07 Cinematographywith Chad Perkins4h 44m Intermediate
Creating a Short Film: 10 VFX Effectswith Chad Perkins4h 51m Intermediate
1. Understanding Film Editing
2. Preparing to Edit
3. In the Beginning
4. Editing Basics
5. The Art of Editing
6. Working with Audio
7. Refining the Edit
8. Creating End Credits
9. Editing The Assurance
10. Exporting to Other Processes
11. Rendering and Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.